The ROSI code for the SOC specialist POSt is ASSPE1013
Sociology Specialist (Arts program) - 10 FCEs in Sociology
Students interested in the Specialist program normally apply and enter from the Major program, after having completed the Year 2 requirements of that program as below. However, students demonstrating exceptional interest and achievement in the Introductory course may enter at the end of Year 1.
Entry Requirements from the Major Program:
1. a minimum average of 70% on two H SOC courses: SOC200H1, SOC201H1 or SOC203H1
2. at least one additional FCE (full course equivalent) at the SOC200 or higher level.
Entry Requirements from Year 1:
A minimum grade of 80% in SOC101Y1 or a minimum combined average grade of 80% in SOC102H1 + SOC103H1.
1. SOC101Y1 or both SOC102H1 and SOC103H1
2. SOC201H1, SOC203H1, and SOC376H1
3. SOC200H1, SOC202H1, SOC300H1 and SOC302H1
4. An additional 5.5 FCEs in Sociology, including at least 3.0 FCEs at the 300 or higher level, 1.0 of which must be at the 400 level, this means, 2.0 FCEs at the 300 or higher level, 1.0 at the 400 level and 2.5 at the 200 or higher level.