The ROSI code for the SOC specialist POSt is ASSPE1013
Sociology Specialist (Arts program) - 10 FCEs in Sociology
This is a limited enrolment subject POSt that can only accommodate a limited number of students. Eligibility will be competitive and based on a student's mark (minimum average of 70% on two of 3 SOC courses (SOC200H1, SOC201H1 or SOC203H1). Achieving the 70% minimum mark does not guarantee admission to the subject POSt in any given year.
Students interested in the Specialist program normally apply and enter from the Major program, after having completed the Year 2 requirements of that program as below. [Students demonstrating exceptional interest and achievement in the Introductory course may enter at the end Year 1.]
NOTE: Students cannot combine a Sociology Specialist program with another Sociology program (Major or Minor) for their degree.
Entry Requirements from the Major Program:
1. a minimum average of 70% on two H SOC courses: SOC200H1, SOC201H1 or SOC203H1
2. at least one additional FCE (full course equivalent) at the SOC200 or higher level.
Entry Requirements from Year 1:
A minimum grade of 80% in SOC101Y1 or a minimum combined average grade of 80% in SOC102H1 + SOC103H1.
1. SOC101Y1 or both SOC102H1 and SOC103H1
2. SOC201H1, SOC203H1, and SOC376H1
3. SOC200H1, SOC202H1, SOC300H1 and SOC302H1
4. An additional 5.5 FCEs in Sociology; i.e., 2.5 SOC FCEs at the 200 or 300 level; 2.0 SOC FCEs at the 300 level; and 1.0 SOC FCE at the 400 level. NOTE: Students cannot take more than 1.0 FCE at the 400 level without written permission from the Undergraduate Program Administrator.